Thursday, December 31, 2015

Seventy Whiting in Honduras



Seventy Gary Whiting made a two week visit to Honduras in early October 2015. He labored in Siguatepeque during his stay. The purpose of his visit was to fill in for Elder Chuck Sperry who needed to return to the United States. Elder Sperry has raised his family in Honduras while laboring across the country, bringing the message of Jesus Christ and the Restoration to may people.

Brother Whiting worked with members and non-members associated with the Restoration branch in Siguatepeque. During his stay he preached four times, taught a few classes and made several visits. His ministry was assisted by Joshua, Tikva and Hannah Sperry. They provided help with Spanish translation and transportation.

"The presence of the Holy Spirit was very much present with me during my visit in Honduras. Before every visit and ministerial opportunity I had clear and specific guidance about things that I should say and the kind of ministry that was needed. As I followed the instruction of the Lord, I discovered that in every case, the Lord had given me exactly what was needed.

It was a testimony to me and to the Saints that the Lord was with us. I felt that it was a fulfillment of the promise of the Lord to provide what I needed in the moment of need. Thanks be to God for his blessings to his people."

No comments:

Post a Comment