Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Bakers Work in Mexico

Seventy William Baker and his wife Katrina are presently serving full time in Mexico, with their home base in Oaxaca, Mexico.  Below is an exert from their June 2010 newsletter.  They are providing a much needed ministry to bring the descendants of Lehi to a knowledge of the promises given to their fathers through Jesus Christ.

"In my visits with the Castillos in the past, they've shared their testimonies with me how the gospel first came to Mexico City by Brother Wayne Simmons in the 60's/70's. And they've expressed multiple times their desire to have dedicated missionaries in Mexico City to build up the work there again. They've shared their feelings of being alone in their faith as the only church family in the largest city in the world. And many times I'd wished that there was something that I could do to help; but never did I imagine that the Lord would send my husband and I to help be the answer to that long-petitioned prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment